Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another pet project - Why not?

Fresh out of my GMAT exam, I chat with my roommate. Oh well, we're both sulking. He, cos he's in his mid-thirties and feel he hasn't gotten anywhere. I, cos I wanted way more in my exam!

So - I think - why not give him a shot in the arm? I know he has contacts in India for producing hand crafted ethnic Indian wear - real cheap. And I, with my tech background can help him turn this into a business for clients in the USA.

We get talking, and its exciting allright. The url deals2wear is available - it has a tangy sound and is easy to remember (for reasons I'd rather not state!).
"Ebay Stores is offering 30 days free premium accounts". $10 buys us the domain at bluehost.com. Email accounts at deals2wear are setup.
We decide to put in $100 each - that's a measly $200 in all! Get a professional photographer in India to take some snaps of Sarees (yeah - there are no measurement hassles as far as we know - hmm, but maybe the blouse would need some measurements... ah well). And we'll be ready to run a pilot.
The initial days in any idea are exciting and give an adrenaline rush - I feel great that my roommate will benefit from this, and I too can get some pocket money for further studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment