Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy First Anniversary


So... it's 15th of April, and yours' truly's wedding anniversary! Yes, I'm married, and yes, its just my second blog and i've let the cat out of the bag!

Well, so a month back, my wife declared that she had run into the perfect anniversary gift for me.
That, to a single person, would sound like music to the ears. Unfortunately, my friends, it is not so in reality. Immediately the stress of finding an equally wonderful gift for my lady was turned on. My dearly beloved didn't mince words in telling me I better find her an equally wonderful gift (heck, I didn't even know what she'd got me !)
The tension was high, and being an unromantic fellow (like most men?), I had the daunting task of finding her something awesome.

So finally a few days before our anniversary, I went over to Bloomingdales and picked up some golden earrings - which I hoped and prayed and used law-of-attraction on - that my wife will like. Also some body shop perfume thingys. Also a restaurant reservation at a highly rated NY restaurant, planned a carriage-ride across central park and finally tickets to the Lion King. There must be **Something** out of this she will like a lot - I figured.

So anyway people - that is how I have gone through my first anniversary. While I'm still in the middle of it, I must say, it has been a good experience - everything has gone well, and my wife has liked all the gifts. Only thing that couldn't happen was the ride across the Central Park.

In the end, I would like to say, to all men - be brave guys - with a little planning, you too can make it through your anniversaries.

PS: The gift, by the way, which my wife got me was an aquarium. Odd and unique as it is, I did really like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment